Does your canine friend have a silky or long coat? If so, I can imagine how much you are spending for her grooming, including her shampoo and coat trimming.
Why don’t you save yourself a lot of dollars in the long run by getting dog clippers? Read on and learn how to shop for the best dog clippers for your pet.
Obviously, you would want to trim your dog’s coat for aesthetic reasons. Clipping and trimming a dog’s hair can also be beneficial for her health. It minimizes risks of flea infestation. It can also keep her cool during the summer season.
Moreover, you’ll be able to save a lot of money as you don’t have to pay for professional services. You don’t even have to go out of the house to give your dog a haircut.
How to cut your dog’s hair
Trimming your dog’s coat isn’t as easy as say, preparing homemade dog food. But I am not saying you won’t be able to pull it off.
Many dog experts suggest clipping dog hair as early as possible. In fact, I used to trim my Shih Tzu’s coat when she was just a puppy.
Before you start clipping her hair, you might want to keep in mind these tips:
Once you’re ready to trim her coat, bring all your tools within your reach. Make sure that the blade of the clipper is sharp. Use the guide comb so you can achieve a consistent cut.
How to choose a dog clipper
There are numerous considerations in choosing a dog clipper. Below are some of the more important ones:
Now let’s look at seven highly recommended dog coat shavers today, listed according to their uses.
For Thick And Long Coats:
#1. Dog Clippers Cat Shaver, Professional Hair Grooming Electric Clipper Detachable Blades Cordless Rechargeable
- High Capacity Battery: Built-in 2000mAh Li-battery. Lasts up to 7 hours of working on full charge. This beats other ordinary pet grooming clippers by 5x. Long and extended battery life guaranteed.
- Powerful Motor with non-clogging technology: 3.7V, 15W motor power. Up to 9,000 revolutions per minute, providing amazing power without hassle of unclogging.
- 33 Teeth Sharp Blade: Compared to other 24 teeth blades, our 33 teeth sharp blade is the best for hairy, thick or soft hair dogs, cats or rabbits.
- Ultra-quiet Technology: 50-60 db. With noise absorption and silencer technology to reduce the friction between the blades, effectively reducing the noise.
- Free Gift : A stainless steel sharp scissor & comb are included with every purchase to thank you for shopping with us.
If your dog has thick and long coats, this one should be on your short list. It is powered by a 15-watt motor that can make up to 9000 RPM. That’s enough power to cut through the thickest of dog coat. The shaver features a 33-teeth blade.
This cordless dog coat shaver is powered by an integrated battery that takes 3 hours to be charged but can last for 7 hours of operation. The noise level is around 50 to 60 decibels which are relatively quiet.
You can also use this in trimming the long hair of your feline pet.
#2. Cyrico 2 Speed Clippers
- [★2-SPEED HEAVY DUTY Professional Pet Clippers, BEST PRICE PRO CLIPPER EVER] -5500/6500 rotation per minute. So far, such TURBO professional pet clippers are all above $100. The 2 speed grooming clippers are designed for different-need groomer, especially for the professional groomers. Welcome to compare our product with other brand clippers such Oster, Whal, You cannot find such pro standard clipper at such price from other sellers on Amazon.
- [★Extremely Long Using Time of 300 Mins with Fast 3 Hours Full Charge] The professional pet clipper has a built-in rechargeable 2200mA Li-lion battery inside. The pet clipper can be used continuously for 5 hours with a full charging time of just 3 hours. Such long time power supply is especially perfect for the professional groomer. No matter how thick the hair is, you can do the grooming work with no interruption.
- [★Superior Quiet Motor- Pet Friendly] This professional pet grooming clipper features in its low noise. The sound it produces when working is less than 60 decibels. It has such low noise is because the premium motor it used. Just compare our products to others, you and your dogs will definitely like it!
- [★User-friendly Cordless & Cord use] The professional dog clippers come with a charger. And the rechargeable Li-ion battery makes it cordless available. If you are a professional groomer who need use the clipper for a long time, you can both use with cord or cordless. The design gives users more choice. No matter you like the cord use or not, you can get pleasure when you use it.
- [★Adjustable Ceramic and Stainless Steel Blade] This professional clipper has one blade that could be adjusted to 1.3mm/1.6mm/1.9mm. With this design you can easily decide the length of hair you are going to leave without the aid of comb. The ceramic and stainless blade is one of the most unique feature of our clipper to reduce the heat producing in the grooming process and ensure sharper effect.
This unit can also be relied upon in trimming thick dog coat. As you can deduce from the name, it has a two-speed setting. You can choose between 5500 and 6500 RPM.
The battery of this unit takes about three hours of full charge but can work for up to 5 hours. The noise level is around 50 to 60 decibels, which makes it relatively quiet.
You’ll also love that the clipper has an ergonomic handle. Plus it is lightweight and easy to store.
For short hair:
#3. Sminiker Professional Rechargeable Cordless Dogs and Cats Grooming Clippers
- Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, horse clipper with stable and steady control.
- Titanium acute-angle blade combining with the ceramic movable blade for smooth and efficient cutting for cats dogs rabbits horse......
- New user friendly, we provide 3-6-9-12mm level limiting combs with the package. With limiting comb you can safely trim your pet even if you've never done it before. Mobile titanium blade is adjustable ranging from 2mm- 0.9mm for slight adjustment on hair length.
- Precision motor, low vibration and ultra quiet design. Working noise lower than 60 DB, will not scare you pet.
- Cordless design for easy use. The pet grooming kit is equipped with a charger. Charging for five hours, it can sustain uses of 70 minutes.
This product features a ceramic movable blade paired with a titanium blade for quick and efficient cutting of dog nails. Its low vibration motor operates at a noise level of around 60 decibels, which some people find a bit too loud for their pets.
It also comes with a rechargeable battery, which would take 4 to 5 hours to be completely charged. Usage time varies but averages around 60 minutes.
This is also well-designed with a handle that you should find very comfortable to hold.
#4. Bojafa [2017 Upgrade Model] Low Noise Cordless Dog Grooming Clippers Kit (Double Batteries+Shears+Comb)
- ★【Complete Home Dog Grooming Tools Kit】: 1 x Pet clippers, 1 x AC adapter,1 x Lion-Battery(inside),2 x Stainless steel scissors,1 x Stainless steel comb,1 x Nail Clipper Kits, 4 x Guide Combs (3-6-9-12mm),1 x User manual,1 x Cleaning Brush.
- ★【Low Vibration, Low Noise and Light Weight】: Working noise about 50db,which helps pets feel at ease and not afraid of hair cutting any more.
- ★【Cordless and Quiet Silent Dog Cat Grooming Clippers】: Two working modes: Cordless and working with charger, which provide much convenience.
- ★【Sharp and Safe Titanium Blade Not Hot when operating】: High quality Titanium blade can provide excellent cutting performance, and Not get hot with long time use. Detachable blades can be easily changed and cleaned referred to User Manual.
- ★【New User Friendly Design 4 Guide Combs】: 3-6-9-12mm guide combs were provided for different lengths of pet hair cutting and trimming depth. Make home grooming work easy even if you've never done it before.
This cordless clipper can work in two ways--- cordless working or working with charging. It will take about five hours to fully charge it. Operation time is about 70 minutes. The manufacturer also throws in an extra backup battery.
This is also quiet when cutting through dog coat with a noise level of about 50 decibels. The vibration is also minimal which means your dog won’t be bothered by it.
There are four guide combs included in the package. The blade is made of titanium and ceramic.
For medium coats and multiple uses:
#5.Wahl Professional Grooming Kit
- The Deluxe U-Clip pet clipper and grooming kit is ideal to clip, trim, and groom fine to medium animal hair and fur for dogs, cats, and other pets.
- Ideal for Yorkies, Cavaliers, Shih Tzus, Spaniels, Maltese, and other medium-duty pet fur clipping, trimming, and grooming of paws, face, ears, touch-ups, and light-body clipping.
- Powerful speeds up to 7, 200 strokes per minute make clipping quick and easy; this clipper provides substantial power and speed without producing additional heat or noise.
- This 16-piece kit offers a standard adjustable #30-15-10 blade (Wahl #1037-400) and includes all the tools needed to clip, trim, and groom your pet.
- Measures 6. 5 by 2 inches and weighs 1 pound. Backed by Wahl's two-year limited and a 30-day satisfaction . The Clipper and blade are made in the USA of domestic and imported parts.
This 16-piece grooming kit has everything you need to groom your dog. Aside from the nail clipper, the manufacturer adds a bonus instructional DVD, grooming apron, a pair of scissors, a comb and a 9-inch storage case to the kit.
The centerpiece of this set is the U-Clipper, which you can use for trimming fine to medium dogs coats. You can use this for small and medium sized dogs. It is powered by a powerful yet quiet motor that can churn out 7200 strokes a minute.
This electric nail clipper has an eight feet long cord, so you can groom your pet without having to be near a wall outlet. Apart from that convenient feature, the clipper features a comfortable and ergonomically designed grip.
#6.Oster A5 Turbo Animal Clipper
- Animal clippers deliver more strokes per minute and a wider blade sweep for faster clipping
- Powerful, heavy-duty universal motor delivers 2 speeds: 3,000 SPM and 4,000 SPM
- Clipper is ideal for grooming dogs, cats, horses, and livestock. Compatible with Oster A5 detachable Cryogen-X blades, and Elite Cryogen-X and Take Down Quick Wide blade series
- Detachable A5 blade system makes blade changes quick and easy
- Includes detachable #10 CryogenX blade, blade oil, clipper grease, cleaning brush, and replacement carbon brushes
If you’re looking for an efficient, reliable and easy way of grooming your dog, then this animal clipper is one for you. It is powered by a powerful motor that doesn’t bog down like most plastic clippers.
It has two-speed settings. It can make up to 4,000 strokes a minute, giving it enough power to tackle any nail regardless of its thickness. It is easy to operate, too. Simply flick the switch to change from low speed to high speed.
This is a portable dog nail clipper weighing 11 ounces and measuring 3 inches long, 10.5 inches wide and 6 inches tall. With its size, you can easily place this in the drawer or your bag if you are traveling with your dog.
The unit comes with a brush and instructional manual.
#7.Sminiker Rechargeable Dog Clippers
- Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, horse grooming clippers with stable and steady control. The R shaped edge design prevents from accidentally cutting your pet's skin.
- Titanium blade combining with the ceramic movable blade for efficient and long term cutting. The titanium blade of the pet clipper will not get rusty. It always keeps sharp and ensures high durability.
- New user friendly, we provide3-6-9-12mm guide combs for your reference . Now you can safely trim your pet even if you've never done it before without fearing cutting your pet. With leveled comb, your pet's hair will be trimmed perfectly even.
- Precision motor, low vibration and ultra quiet design, free it from work noise with only about 50 db, to help the pet feel at ease, not afraid haircut any more.
- Low vibration/noise&cordless,Our ceramic and stainless steel blade also produce less noise than common double stainless steel blades.free it from work noise with about 50 DB .Now you can safely trim your pet with cat clippers
This is another user-friendly dog clippers that you might want to get. I like how it was designed—it has an R-shaped edge that prevents accidental cutting of the pet’s skin.
It also has a ceramic blade that is movable and strong enough for long-term cutting. It won’t get rusty, too, so you can be assured that the clippers would stay useful for quite a while.
The motor is also very quiet while in operation. The sound level is limited to about 50 decibels which are quiet enough for most dogs not to be bothered while their owners are grooming them.
While the unit itself needs about four hours of charging, it can be used for five to six hours.
Before I end, let me give you my recommendations for dogs with short, medium and long hair.
The Sminiker Rechargeable dog clipper is the best choice for dogs with short hair. It is comfortable to hold and powered by a low vibration motor. The titanium blade can do an excellent job of cutting dog hair.
For thick and long coats, I would recommend the Enjoy Pet clippers. It has a powerful motor with a 33-teeth blade. Its battery can last long, and it works quietly.
And the Wahl clipper is my choice for grooming dogs with medium coats. It is easy to operate with a powerful and quiet motor that can easily cut through dog hair.