Cats are preferable pets as they are trainable using litter boxes without demanding much of your time. Therefore, if you are going out to attend some family function or party, then you may go without worrying about your pet.
There are several varieties of litter boxes available for kittens. Litter boxes can be broadly categorized into two types:
Brain Training For Dogs - Adrienne Farricelli's Online Dog Trainer
They discovered simple techniques to develop your dog's intelligence.
Eliminate bad behavior rapidly and create loving obedient pets
7 Modules Included + Many Bonus!
- Normal litter box (has to be cleaned manually)
- Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Nowadays, self-cleaning litter boxes are gaining popularity. And, therefore, companies are launching several different models with great facilities. Let us see that how an automatic self-cleaning litter is helpful over the normal one.
Top 5 Best Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes 2018 In Market
1. Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Maintenance of your cat’s litter box can be easier with this litter box as it comes with adjustable programming that helps to manage scooping and cleaning of waste in the litter box. Cat owners with limited physical mobility like pregnant mothers can find this product very useful as it can hold 50% more litter as compared to another self-cleaning litter box.
- It comes with 4 Waste Receptacles and 4 Carbon Filters
- It also consists of Paw Cleaning Ramp
- Scoop and Rake Cleaner and removable automatic rake
- Safety bar to stop rake in case of blockage
- Back-Up Battery Compartment
- AC Adapter
- Removable litter tray
- Durable drive machine
- Extra-large size and High side walls
- Ideal for multiple cats
- Removable automatic rake for easy cleaning
2. PetSafeSimply Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box
It is the great product and as the name suggests it is very simple to clean this litter box. It does not make any noise as other litter boxes do. It's cleaning process is very effective. This efficient method of cleaning is due to its rotating base and conveyer belt combination. These parts move very slowly and therefore cause no noise.
The waste is collected in a bag, which can be easily removed. It has a bagged container to collect waste. You can easily remove that bag and install the other. You can use any rubbish bag to replace the previous one. Its dimensions are: 30 x 20 x 9 inches
- Cleans the box automatically after fixed interval of time
- Easily assembled
- Noiseless cleaning
- Easy changing bags
- AC power adapter of Low voltage
- Low energy consumption
- Useful for multiple cats
3. ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
This is an innovative and fully automated litter box and rake operated cat tray solution. This litter box stays fresh without any hassle and takes care of all the messy tasks of cleaning litter pan of your pet. The cleaning process of this litter box is very easy. All you have to do is to place the lid on the tray and throw it away.
The tray is disposable. Its dimensions are 14” Wide x 16” Deep and is easy to assemble.
- Allows waste receptacle bags
- Automated cleaning process
- Prevents odor leakage as it has 6 Carbon filters
- Waste bag is biodegradable
4. CatGenie Self-Washing Self-Flushing Cat Box
Your cat will get a hygienic bathroom in the form of this amazing box. It flushes the waste away automatically and washes neat and clean. You just need to touch the button to program the cleaning to your schedule. You will never smell, touch or breathe cat litter again after buying it. This is the first and only self-flushing box that uses washable plastic reusable granules that act like flushing toilet for your cat.
The CatGenie litter box is the first and only self-flushing of its kind, which uses water and washable plastic granules (Plastic reusable litter), which function like a flushing toilet for a cat, in fact, the unit it is the first environmental friendly Green litter box to hit the market.
- Washable granule box
- Dust free, washable and reusable
- Recyclable and biodegradable 1 Sani Solution Cartridge
- Easy manual
- T-Adapters for set up
- Ideal for more than three cats (6 months older)
5. Litter-Robot III Open-Air - Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box
This is a fully automatic self-cleaning litter box that is a good option for you if you have multiple cats. It makes the cat caring process easier for you. It is equipped with self-regulating and enhanced weight sensors to identify the size of cats. It cleans itself automatically after the cat leaves it. The whole automated cleaning process saves the time of cat owner.
- Spacious, and litter area is accessible for both small or large size cats
- Regular clumping litter
- Self-adjusting sensors to accommodate big cats
- Light for dark areas
How do Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box Help?
It can be very helpful as it can cut down cleaning time and it reduces the amount of time that you have to spend scooping the box. It also helps reduces odors as it removes the waste more frequently.
It can make extended absences easier means if you are going away for few days, this box can limit the waste or mess when you come back to home.
What are the Advantages of Using the Best Self-Cleaning Litter Box at Home?
There are lots of benefits of using this litter box at home, some of them are mentioned below:
- Hygiene: When you start using this self-cleaning litter box, you will notice that chances of coming into contact with urine or litter get reduced. You need not to breath in harmful bacteria infested litter dust that cat leaves behind for you. You can get rid of this unpleasant task of cleaning the cat litter. If you have an electric litter box, it is sufficient to take care of the cleaning of mess or waste of cat.
- Time-Saving: Nowadays, people hardly get time for social activities and family. If you don’t have extra time to deal with such responsibilities to feed, brush the hair of your cat and frequently scoop cat litter box, then this self-cleaning litter box may be very helpful as this is an efficient and automated way to conduct entire scooping process.
- Stop Smelly Odor: You have to face the problem of smelly odor when you clean and scoop the litter pan. However, the technology used in self-cleaning litter box will not let you face odor problem anymore.
How to Choose the Best Self Cleaning Litter Box for Yourself?
Cats are very spontaneous and they keep on playing and jumping all day. Therefore, you must consider their habits before buying any stuff for them. Similarly, when you are buying a litter box for them, you must observe their activities when they go to the toilet.
- If your cat wants to have some privacy while going to the toilet, then you should go for a hooded litter box with attachments.
- And, if your cat is a clean freak, then you must go for a litter box that has good cleaning features.
- There is a possibility that your pet has a habit of kicking the litter out. In that case, you must go for a litter box that has high walls.
- Your cat may be afraid of various noises such as that of machines at your home, grinder at your kitchen, etc. In such scenario, you must get a litter box that makes minimal noise.
- If your pet is ill and is often disposing of feces, then you must keep this in mind while getting a litter box.
Therefore, by keeping these tips in mind, you can manage to get a litter box that is much suitable for your cats.
We have listed five litter boxes which can be used by cat owners. You may go for any of them as per your requirement and budget. However, the “CatGenie Self-Washing Self-Flushing Cat Box” is the best self-cleaning litter box as it is fully automatic and requires no manual intervention. Therefore, it is more hygienic.
Last updated on February 20th, 2019