We all know that cats are the most preferred as pets. They have so many such qualities that make them perfect to be accepted as the lovable pets. Cats are very much friendly to children and can entertain them in the same way the dogs do. This is because cats love to play with children and various toys such as toy cat dancer.
They do acrobatics that entertains the children and even adults for that matter. Cats make a low and continuous sound to express contentment, called cat’s purr. It is a great to see the cats doing that. Cats too are loyal and love to be cuddled. If you give them a little love and attention, they return you a lot more.
Brain Training For Dogs - Adrienne Farricelli's Online Dog Trainer
They discovered simple techniques to develop your dog's intelligence.
Eliminate bad behavior rapidly and create loving obedient pets
7 Modules Included + Many Bonus!
It is a great idea to adopt stray kittens rather than buying them from any pets shop. But for that, you must have an idea about how old do kittens have to be to give away? Also, to take care of cats in a better, we must have knowledge about cat’s health issues such as cat fever.
Most of really want to adopt stray kittens but find it hard to catch them as they do not have the traps. Also, some of them do not find it ethical to catch stray kittens with the help of traps. However, there are many other ways using which you can catch stray kittens without the trap.
Cats are very nice to humans if taken proper care. Hey, can be easily trained to use the litter box. They can also spend few hours alone if there is no one at home. They are good with that. It is not required to take them for a walk; they only want your love and care.
It is easy to maintain them as they do not need a daily bath. They do not demand much of your attention. They just love to be near you. So now let us take a look at the ways to catch a stray kitten without using traps.
There are three major steps which should be followed to catch kittens without traps.
1. Take a Deep Analysis of the Situation
This step involves various tasks to be accomplished. The first one is to make sure that kitten you are targeting is a motherless kitten. That means you need to observe the kitten for several minutes throughout the day and make sure its mother not present in proximity.
If you find kitten alone for few minutes that does not mean that it is motherless. It may be a possibility that its mother has gone to catch pray for the kitten. So, this task requires a lot of patience. Remember that you are catching the kitten to help it. So it will not be good to take it away from its mother.
You should also make an assumption about the age of the kitten. As in most of the cases mother stays with the kittens for at least six weeks. The assumption about age is important before catching the kitten due to two reasons. First is that it helps to decide if its mother still takes the kitten care. And, second is that if the kitten is too young, you must prepare yourself to take care of it. So, to judge the age of kittens, following information may be helpful for you:
- The kittens take at least ten days to open their eyes. So, if you see the kitten that has still not opened its eyes, you can figure out that it is an infant.
- Kittens take three weeks to learn to walk. So if the kitten is still not able to walk properly, it indicates that it is not more than three weeks older.
You should also make sure that kitten does not belong to anyone by confirming it with your neighbors. The kitten may be already adopted by someone else. If you are not able to chat with each of you neighbors, you may post flyers in your area regarding the kitten.
You should try to gather most of the information about the kitten that you want to adopt. You check if it is motherless, try to figure out its age and also enquire if any of your neighbors already owns it. Apart from that, you must also gather information about its history.
You must make sure that it is not a feral cat or wild cat. You may contact local vet or animal care agencies to get this information. You must be aware that stray cats are not so friendly with humans. So it is necessary to have some information about their medical history.
Once you gather all the information, you should now work on your plan. You must be well prepared to take care of the kitten and should ensure that you have the appropriate time to spare for your pet. The process of catching kitten without a trap takes at least 3-4 days. And, once you are successful in getting the kitten, you need to spare some time to take its care. Be prepared with all the materials you may need and a prior appointment with a vet.
2. Catch the Kitten
It is a very crucial step as you have to take care that neither the kitten nor you get hurt in the process.
- You should use cat food to bait the kitten.
- Place the food for a kitten at a particular place for few days continuously.
- The kitten will start getting acquainted with you and will be a bit friendly.
- You should be very kind to the kitten and try to be very compassionate while dealing kittens.
- Try to be very calm and gentle while approaching the kitten.
As it could be a very traumatic for a kitten to realize that it is caught. So you need to make sure that it does not feel so.
You should not get frustrated if it is taking too long to catch kitten. Be patient and take a break if required. It all depends on your approach. The more calm and patient you are, the easier it would be to catch a kitten. Again, remember that you are doing it to help the kitten and not to hurt it.
If you are not using a trap, you should keep the bait in a confined area. You can guide kitten to a small corner by placing the bait at that place, so that kitten can easily come to that point by itself. You must feed the kitten and be present near it, without trying to catch it.
You must repeat this for at least week to earn the trust of a kitten. Kitten will gradually realize that you are not there to harm it but to feed it. The kitten will start to accept your presence, as the time passes (few weeks).
3. Caring for Kitten
Once you have built a friendly connection with the kitten, you need to start taking care of it. This will make the kitten trust you even more. Kittens like to be cuddled. But since you are new to it and do not know its medical history, you should use a pair of gloves to handle it initially. Make sure you get it checked by a vet as soon as possible.
- You should feed the kitten and spend some time with it. This will strengthen the bond of friendship and trust. Initially, you should place the kitten in a quiet place with minimum disturbance and people around.
- The kitten is friendly to you and not to your family members. So, getting to see so many new faces suddenly may traumatize it.
- Make sure that you get all the necessary stuff such as toys, litter box, and medications for your kitten. These things will make your house a better and adaptable place for a kitten.
- Cats prove to be great pets. It is a great idea to adopt a stray kitten than to buy a kitten from a pet shop.
- This is a good practice because it is helpful for stray kittens. However, it is not an easy task to catch a kitten.
- You have to be very patient and caring. This requires a lot of time, and you need to be well informative and planned about it.
Before catching a kitten, you should gather all the information about the kitten. You should make sure that the kitten is motherless and also should find out its age.
Cats are nice as pets. They do not ask for much of your attention. They just love to be near you; Cats are easy to train. They learn to use the litter box and play with toys. They are as loyal as dogs. They are safe for kids.
Last updated on February 20th, 2019