Having a pet is one of the happiest experiences one can have. It is not only comforting but also makes one feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Be it a cat or a dog, or even hamsters, taking care of the pets is tough and demands a lot of care and attention.
You cannot use harsh chemicals to keep their fur clean. You cannot overdo on the grooming part else it leads to skin rashes and infection too. Adopting pets which are not meant for the climate you reside in, can also lead to unfavorable diseases and repercussions.
Taking care of cats is easy given that they are low on maintenance. They are known to be these less fussy creatures who prefer being clean and proper. If anything, they are the kings and queens of their own lifestyle choices if you put it as a tongue in the cheek thing.
Take for example; you need to clean the litter box after the cat is done with its business. You can opt for those fancy litter boxes available in pet land stores these days which come in handy with a tub. If your cat is one of those beings who likes doing its business elsewhere, even if it is out of character, you can make use of a poop scooper which comes in handy and is sturdy too.
Wildcats enjoy the water and are not necessarily hydrophobic. Tigers, lions, and leopards and the likes of them love to bathe, especially because of their usual habitation. Imagine being in a pool all summers. You would want to cool off yourself. Cats, in a warm environment, need to the bath as it helps them cool off and maintain balanced body temperature.
Domestic cats hate water. This is large because most of these breeds have furs that absorb moisture rather allowing it to dry off. It’s difficult for them to dry soon. So, it hardly is a surprise that if they’re soaked, it is only natural that they detest being in the water. Not that your cat wouldn’t swim like that tiger who wants to fish for food!
But Do Your Cats need a Bath?
Are you one of those cat parents who are okay with the cat’s unpleasant smell? Well, your guests wouldn’t be. So, it is essential that you wash your cat off like a pro. What are the things that you need?
- Ear Buds
- A large towel
- Cat Shampoo
- A blow dryer if your cat has long hair
Use something which is meant for pets only and not humans. It is essential you understand that your skin is different from your pet. So, please do not use your shampoos.
How do you clean your cat?
It’s is easier than following a recipe. A few steps and you are sorted. It is similar to how you take a bath but more gently. Imagine how you would love being treated at a spa, your cat want exactly that.
- Fill that tub with water. Don’t drown your cat.
- Soak your cat in the water. You need to make sure it enjoys it.
- Cats hate water on their face. Steer clear of the face always.
- Take that cat shampoo and lather it up.
- Apply it all over the cat, still not the face.
- Now, when you are done lathering the cat, wash it off.
- Rinse off the cat completely. Be gentle and do it with a lot of care. Random petting on the head is recommended for obvious reasons. Your cat needs to be comfortable.
- Now that all the shampoo is washed off, you need to dry your cat.
- Wrap your cat in a towel.
- Dry it off by rubbing the coat with that towel you have got.
- The cat needs to cool off and should be dry.
- If your cat has long hair, it needs a blow dry. Cats hate sounds. So use the lowest setting available and see if your cat enjoys it. If it does, good news, else, use that towel again to dry it off completely.
- Use those soft earbuds for the ears.
Are You Wondering How Cats Benefit from that Bath?
You do not want to freak your cat out. They are fussy like I mentioned earlier and needed a lot of care and attention. You might fumble a bit in the beginning, but it eventually takes time to get used to it. You can try out expert grooming services in your area which would bathe, groom, and clean your cat at affordable prices.
You can also choose a pet clinic in your vicinity, which will take care of all the grooming business such as washing the fur, trimming the fur and nails, clean those ears and get rid of the wax built up which is harmful. Additionally, you can also attend a few pet grooming classes and watch a lot of YouTube videos to understand the same.
Last updated on February 20th, 2019